We have taken some tips to lose weight by taking care of our diet but of course, in addition to plan and organize our diet daily; we can get great results in the kitchen. So now we tell you how to cook to subtract calories and add nutrients.
More nutrient dense and less caloric density
When we talk about the calories that a food has particular amount, we are referring to caloric density, while if we talk about the concentration of nutrients in particular portion we are talking about nutrient density. And to put the body in shape in summer it is best to achieve in our diet nutrient density and less caloric density.
Using the kitchen can get more nutrients in the preparations which will help us care for the skin, hair and inner workings of the body and at the same time subtract calories for a leaner body and shaped to look in a swimsuit.
So, if you’re not an expert in cooking, you can incorporate some changes that will enhance the quality of the diet and the balance in it to facilitate the fitness of your body in summer and all year round.
Tips for cooking with fewer calories and more nutrients
If we want to subtract calories to our meals and when we can maintain or increase nutrient preparations some tips that may help are:
- Use more fruits and vegetables: because this way we get more volume and fiber in dishes cooked with equal calories but vitamins and minerals, it will not be lost during cooking and will use less to achieve a big meal.
- Avoid pre-cooked and frozen: industrial products can add too much fat, sugar and sodium which means more calories to our diet, thus avoiding the pre-baked and frozen ready to heat and eat and preparing the dishes at home, we can more and better nutrients minus the unnecessary calories preparations.
- Reduce fried foods: if you eat fried seeks to reduce its frequency in the diet, because with this method of cooking you lose some vitamins and minerals and also, add fat and calories.
- Replacements used: A use replacement to save fat and calories is an excellent option to reduce the caloric density of the plates and increase in some cases, nutrients.
- Controls the amount of oil: usually believe that as crude oil, without subjecting cooking and seasoning is healthy, we can use the whole amount we will, however, fatty substances, which are more healthy, are needed in little amounts, so do not overdo it with oil or not overdo it with nuts, seeds and others in your dishes.
- Adds fiber, water and air: if you add air through a beaten egg whites or another to your dishes, add water by light jellies, soups or ice and fiber using raw fruits and vegetables or whole grains , you are reducing the energy density of your dishes, because the volume will be larger and consume the same amount, ingest fewer calories.
- Remaining sugar to your dishes: sweet preparations, change sugar for sweetener or used replacements to reduce sugar in foods is of great help, because the sugar adds calories but not added nutrients, then, to avoid dishes you restore calories and probably responds nutrients.
With these tricks applied to the kitchen you can make cold soups, smoothies, salads, puddings and others in less than the calories and nutrients. So you can cook subtracting calories and adding nutrients to put the body in shape and look slim, healthy and beautiful this summer.